Faculty Opinions is a research evaluation platform, providing up-to-date notifications and article
recommendations about science you shouldn’t miss. Our global virtual Faculty of over 8000 leading
experts from across the life and health sciences recommend articles they consider to be highly
important to others working in their field and beyond.
An enthusiastic individual to join our growing team as a Frontend Engineer. We're looking for an
engineer at heart, but one with the confidence, vision and perception to distil complex requirements
into deliverable features. A great communicator with the ability to effectively convey technical
concepts to non-technical team members. A forward-thinking individual who can balance championing
the user whilst meeting business requirements, able to justify and wield the best tools for the job.
Working as part of a multi-disciplined product team with product manager, delivery manager, UX
designer, technical architect, test automation engineer and other engineers. Contributing to new
projects, from design through to development and launch. Conducting code reviews, helping to
introduce best practices and improving patterns & processes.
Produce code in an iterative way, following Agile, DevOps and continuous delivery principles and
best practises. Work alongside UX designers to translate designs into fully fledged user interfaces,
working collaboratively and proposing changing where necessary.
Our frontend stack: ES6+, React, Redux, Next.js, Emotion, Storybook.
Nice to have
- Commercial experience of building web applications using modern frontend frameworks
- Experience of Git, branching strategies and uses for continuous delivery
- Experience in dealing with REST APIs
- Experience of Agile, DevOps and continuous delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, resourceful and a strong team player
- Experience of using Next.js, Emotion/styled components, Docker
- Experience of writing applications using server-side rendering (SSR) and static site generation
- Experience of using AWS to deploy and run front-end applications
- Experience on building serverless applications
Please send your CV and covering letter quoting the job reference,
explaining briefly your interest in the post, when you would be able to start,
and stating salary expectations to: Recruitment, SNG, 34-42 Cleveland Street,
London, W1T 4LB, or by email to: email@example.com.
Sciencenow Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer